Archive | A. PROCEDURE WRITING TIPS RSS for this section
A Quick Recap
In Part 1 & 2, we addressed the needs related to writing a Procedures and Policy Manual. Those were:
- Establish a framework for the Manual i.e. relevant chapters and sub-chapters.
- Form a dedicated team or committee to research and gather the necessary information or data based on that framework.
- Appoint a main policy writer cum editor. Preferably in-house if the right candidate and resource is available.
- Verify the accuracy of researched data and include added material where appropriate.
- Ensure clear ‘tables of content’ are included for the Manual and where possible start each new chapter with its own ‘content list’.
- Keep the Manual’s narration simple and concise; in short paragraphs with ‘bulleted/numbered’ sentences to elaborate processes and methods when needed.
- Track the drafting process and always obtain approval from senior authority before publishing anything.